About Me

Buffalo, New York
Approximately 100 Million Americans are obese, and I am one of them. Now that I'm married with two young children, I'm starting to take my health more seriously. But while I've been converting steaks and chicken wings into love-handles and a gut, close to a Billion People Worldwide have been going hungry... What if we could do something about both problems?
I've started this blog to chronicle my own weight-loss and efforts to raise money and awareness to battle global hunger. If weight is an issue for you, I hope you'll join me; and if it's not, I hope you'll support me or someone like me as we work to lose weight so others can gain it.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Wow...

I was able to share at two (out of three) services this morning and we're already upto $38 per pound! I'll share again next week (at the biggest of the 3 services) but I'm already blown away by the response... Right now, for every pound I lose, we'll supply 152 meals to people who need them- if I hit my goal of 60 lbs., that's nearly 10,000 meals! Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment