About Me

Buffalo, New York
Approximately 100 Million Americans are obese, and I am one of them. Now that I'm married with two young children, I'm starting to take my health more seriously. But while I've been converting steaks and chicken wings into love-handles and a gut, close to a Billion People Worldwide have been going hungry... What if we could do something about both problems?
I've started this blog to chronicle my own weight-loss and efforts to raise money and awareness to battle global hunger. If weight is an issue for you, I hope you'll join me; and if it's not, I hope you'll support me or someone like me as we work to lose weight so others can gain it.

Friday, July 1, 2011

New Milestone

Well, its been less than a week since my last post- so I'm back on track with weight-loss and blogging :)

This is an unofficial post, but my home scale has been pretty accurate so far, so I'm pretty excited about this:

My Current Weight: 307 pounds
Change Since Last Update: lost 7 pounds
Total Change: lost 62 pounds!

My Current Pledges: $82.75 per pound
Amount Raised: over $5,000 (almost 20,000 meals)!!!

Only 8 more pounds to my goal! Unless something goes seriously wrong, I should have no problem hitting it a month early. I'll have an official weigh-in in the middle of July and (since I'll probably already be over the goal) I'll give people a choice to either "cash out" then or stick with it for one more month with me.

Since recovering from all my dental work, I've been really good about not eating any junk food... at all (there's a delicious looking frosted lemon cake in my fridge right now that I haven't touched, and I skipped going out to ice cream with Angie and Asa last night) but I'm really craving it. I think when this is all over I'll lose an extra 10 pounds just so I can go eat 10 pounds worth of cake and ice cream :)

No comments:

Post a Comment