About Me

Buffalo, New York
Approximately 100 Million Americans are obese, and I am one of them. Now that I'm married with two young children, I'm starting to take my health more seriously. But while I've been converting steaks and chicken wings into love-handles and a gut, close to a Billion People Worldwide have been going hungry... What if we could do something about both problems?
I've started this blog to chronicle my own weight-loss and efforts to raise money and awareness to battle global hunger. If weight is an issue for you, I hope you'll join me; and if it's not, I hope you'll support me or someone like me as we work to lose weight so others can gain it.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Official 5 Month Update

I just got home from seeing my doctor and the news was pretty good! Here is the official update:

My Current Weight: 296 pounds
Change Since Last Update: lost 6 pounds
Total Change: lost 73 pounds

My Current Pledges: $82.75 per pound
Amount Raised: $6,040.75 (over 23,000 meals)!!!

So I've officially reached my original goal of 70 lbs., a month early! I gave people the option to cash out early if they want/need to, so from here out calculating the amount raised may be a little complicated as I figure out who will be paying now and who will continue their pledges. The amount raised will get a little bump when I do a more accurate count too- two people made pledges with incentives for hitting my goal and I have one small bonus gift to add in.

The best part is that the impact has spread. In addition to the others mentioned last week, I talked to a woman who collected pledges and lost 20 pounds! I've also heard about several more who were thinking about getting involved, so hopefully I'll have a few more updates in the next couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment