About Me

Buffalo, New York
Approximately 100 Million Americans are obese, and I am one of them. Now that I'm married with two young children, I'm starting to take my health more seriously. But while I've been converting steaks and chicken wings into love-handles and a gut, close to a Billion People Worldwide have been going hungry... What if we could do something about both problems?
I've started this blog to chronicle my own weight-loss and efforts to raise money and awareness to battle global hunger. If weight is an issue for you, I hope you'll join me; and if it's not, I hope you'll support me or someone like me as we work to lose weight so others can gain it.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Week 21

My official 5 month weigh-in is one week from today! I don't want to count my pounds before they're shed, but there is an excellent chance I will have met my 6 month goal by then :)

My Current Weight: 302 pounds
Change Since Last Update: lost 4 pounds
Total Change: lost 67 pounds

My Current Pledges: $82.75 per pound
Amount Raised: $5,544.25 (over 21,000 meals)!!!

So I only need to lose 3 pounds in the next 7 days to hit my 70 lb. goal a month early. I'm pretty excited about that. I'm also excited to be able to share a couple updates about other impact: one person who was inspired to get healthy hit his goal of losing 30 pounds in 3 months; another collected pledges from friends and family and has lost 20 pounds (of her target 30) with about a month to go.

I'll try to get a few more updates from others in the next week or so, and look for my official 5 month weight on the 20th!

No comments:

Post a Comment