About Me

Buffalo, New York
Approximately 100 Million Americans are obese, and I am one of them. Now that I'm married with two young children, I'm starting to take my health more seriously. But while I've been converting steaks and chicken wings into love-handles and a gut, close to a Billion People Worldwide have been going hungry... What if we could do something about both problems?
I've started this blog to chronicle my own weight-loss and efforts to raise money and awareness to battle global hunger. If weight is an issue for you, I hope you'll join me; and if it's not, I hope you'll support me or someone like me as we work to lose weight so others can gain it.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

T-Minus 13 Days...

Wow, I can't believe there are less than two weeks left! Oh, and sorry- I just realized that I didn't post anything last week. The last two weeks haven't been super successful but I'm doing a cleanse thing right now and, if it works, I might have an impressive week next week? Here's where we're at right now:

My Current Weight: 293 pounds
Change Since Last Update: lost 3 pounds
Total Change: lost 76 pounds

My Current Pledges: $82.75 per pound
Amount Raised: $6,289.00 (over 24,000 meals)!!!

I think that if I lose 2 more pounds we'll break the 25,000 meal mark! Well, I guess that might not be entirely accurate- I'll have to figure out how many people are/have cashed out early... then I'll just have to lose some more to make sure that we get there :)

I have an official update too! Janet Garrison from Trinity UMC on Grand Island raised $6 per pound in pledges from her close friends and family and lost 22 pounds in 3 months. That may not sound like a lot when its posted right after a bigger more widespread update but Jan feels better, was able to get out some clothes that hadn't fit in a while, and will provide more than 500 meals to starving people! I think its a beautiful illustration of how one person can very simply (and pretty easily) have a big impact- 500 meals! If you're reading this I hope that might inspire you to do something too...

No comments:

Post a Comment