About Me

Buffalo, New York
Approximately 100 Million Americans are obese, and I am one of them. Now that I'm married with two young children, I'm starting to take my health more seriously. But while I've been converting steaks and chicken wings into love-handles and a gut, close to a Billion People Worldwide have been going hungry... What if we could do something about both problems?
I've started this blog to chronicle my own weight-loss and efforts to raise money and awareness to battle global hunger. If weight is an issue for you, I hope you'll join me; and if it's not, I hope you'll support me or someone like me as we work to lose weight so others can gain it.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Only 4 More Days

I can't believe that there are only 4 more days left! I'm not going to bother with the numbers right now- I'll have an official weight in four days and its going to take some work to figure out what the final total on money raised will be.

My attempt at a cleanse was... not good. I was planning to do it for 2 weeks but I got headaches all the time and less than a week in I started getting lightheaded a lot and almost fainting every time I stood up. I finished one week (without experiencing noticeable benefits) and then was sick for several days as I transitioned back real food- and, just to add insult to injury, I'm pretty sure I actually gained a pound or two throughout the ordeal. I'm planning on continuing to eat healthier beyond these 6 months, but I probably won't ever try doing that again.


Well, be sure to check back on the 17th for the "official final weigh-in" update and I'll post a final "money raised" update as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment