About Me

Buffalo, New York
Approximately 100 Million Americans are obese, and I am one of them. Now that I'm married with two young children, I'm starting to take my health more seriously. But while I've been converting steaks and chicken wings into love-handles and a gut, close to a Billion People Worldwide have been going hungry... What if we could do something about both problems?
I've started this blog to chronicle my own weight-loss and efforts to raise money and awareness to battle global hunger. If weight is an issue for you, I hope you'll join me; and if it's not, I hope you'll support me or someone like me as we work to lose weight so others can gain it.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Official Final Weight

I probably shouldn't say "final"- there's so much finality to that... I just came from my doctor's where I got my last official weight for the Redistribution of Weight (for now, at least). When I first started I tried to post a video of my doctor saying how much I weighed- it didn't really work so this time I'm going to try posting a picture of the scale, hopefully you'll be able to read it. Here's the results:

Start Date: Wednesday, February 16th (2011)
Starting Weight: 369 pounds

Finish Date: Wednesday, August 17th (2011)
Final Weight: 287 pounds

Total Change in Six Months: lost 82 pounds!

It'll take a couple weeks to figure out how much money has actually been raised, but even with some people cashing out early I think we may have broken $6,000.00! I'll do a follow-up post with the financial update as soon as I can, and I'll try to do an update on wider impact even sooner :)

Here's the 'proof' picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment