About Me

Buffalo, New York
Approximately 100 Million Americans are obese, and I am one of them. Now that I'm married with two young children, I'm starting to take my health more seriously. But while I've been converting steaks and chicken wings into love-handles and a gut, close to a Billion People Worldwide have been going hungry... What if we could do something about both problems?
I've started this blog to chronicle my own weight-loss and efforts to raise money and awareness to battle global hunger. If weight is an issue for you, I hope you'll join me; and if it's not, I hope you'll support me or someone like me as we work to lose weight so others can gain it.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Week 2 Update

The second week wasn't as huge as the first week, but it was still a great week. Today is my birthday and I'm going to splurge a little for cake and whatnot, so hopefully next week will still be a good week. Thank you to everyone who's involved in one way or another- and, if you're not involved yet, there's still plenty of ways you could get involved!

My Current Weight: 345 pounds
Change this Week: lost 6.5 pounds
Total Change: lost 24 pounds

My Current Pledges: $75.75 per pound

Number of Participants: 6!

These weights are still unofficial- I'll get another official weight 3/16. Right now we're providing 303 meals per pound, so we're over 7,200 meals so far!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I say, as long as the numbers are still going down, you're doing great! :) I am at a conference this week and eating out for every meal so it's been a challenge... I'm a little afraid of weighing in on Saturday... prayer for determination would be appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the determination...yesterday was my birthday (and I did splurge on some cake and ice cream). I'll definitely say a prayer for you. You can do eeeet!

    ReplyDelete